There will be bad days. Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm slowly now. Let go. Be confident. Know that now is only a moment, and that if today is as bad as it gets, understand that by tomorrow, today will have ended. Be gracious. Accept each extended hand offered to pull you back from the somewhere you cannot escape. Be diligent. Scrape the gray sky clean. Realize every dark cloud is a smoke screen meant to blind us from the truth, and the truth is, whether we see them or not - the sun and moon are still there and always there is light.
Be forthright. Despite your instinct to say, “it’s alright, I’m okay” - be honest. Say how you feel without fear or guilt, without remorse or complexity. Be lucid in your explanation, be sterling in your oppose. If you think for one second no one knows what you’ve been going through; be accepting of the fact that you are wrong, that the long drawn and heavy breaths of despair have at times been felt by everyone - that pain is part of the human condition and that alone makes you a legion.
We hungry underdogs, we risers with dawn, we dissmissers of odds, we blessers of on – we will station ourselves to the calm. We will hold ourselves to the steady, be ready, player one. Life is going to come at you armed with hard times and tough choices, your voice is your weapon, your thoughts ammunition – there are no free extra men, be aware that as the instant now passes, it exists now as then. So be a mirror reflecting yourself back, and remembering the times when you thought all of this was too hard and that you’d never make it through.
Remember the times you could have pressed quit – but you hit continue. Be forgiving. Living with the burden of anger, is not living. Giving your focus to wrath will leave your entire self absent of what you need. Love and hate are beasts and the one that grows is the one you feed. Be persistent. Be the weed growing through the cracks in the cement, beautiful - because it doesn’t know it’s not supposed to grow there. Be resolute. Declare what you accept as true in a way that envisions the resolve with which you accept it.
If you are having a good day, be considerate. A simple smile could be the first-aid kit that someone has been looking for. If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can - do more.
There will be bad days, times when the world weighs on you for so long it leaves you looking for an easy way out. There will be moments when the drought of joy seems unending. Instances spent pretending that everything is all right when it clearly is not, check your blind spot. See that love is still there, be patient. Every nightmare has a beginning, but every bad day has an end. Ignore what others have called you. I am calling you friend. Make us comprehend the urgency of your crisis. Silence left to its own devices, breed’s silence.
So speak and be heard. One word after the next, express yourself and put your life into context – if you find that no one is listening, be loud. Make noise. Stand in poise and be open. Hope in these situations is not enough and you will need someone to lean on. In the unlikely event that you have no one, look again. Everyone is blessed with the ability to listen. The deaf will hear you with their eyes. The blind will see you with their hands. Let your heart fill their newsstands, let them read all about it. Admit to the bad days, the impossible nights. Listen to the insights of those who have been there, but have come back. They’ll tell you; you can stack misery, you can pack despair, you can even wear your sorrow – but come tomorrow you must change your clothes.
Everyone knows pain. We are not meant to carry it forever. We were never meant to hold it so closely, so be certain in the belief that what pain belongs to now will belong soon to then. That when someone asks you how was your day, realize that for some of us – it’s the only way we know how to say, “Be calm. Loosen your grip, opening each palm, slowly now – let go.”
- Shane Koyczan
- electriccityy likes this
- n0nbeliever likes this
- manyadventuresawait likes this
- manyadventuresawait reblogged this from thetasgirl
- thetasgirl likes this
- aggresi-veg reblogged this from jashiku
- desperascape reblogged this from jashiku
- drivingtothemorningsun reblogged this from jashiku
- alejamandm likes this
- sin-azucar likes this
- sin-azucar reblogged this from jashiku
- lyfeasm3 reblogged this from jashiku
- 50shadesofok likes this
- worries-clutter-the-mind reblogged this from jashiku
- feline-feminist likes this
- yeafornow likes this
- b1rdiee likes this
- cliffwhatif reblogged this from jashiku
- fierce-femme likes this
- moreissuesthanvogueblr reblogged this from jashiku
- londonnn-calling reblogged this from jashiku
- chaoticaliases likes this
- analassasin69 likes this
- wonderland-and-back reblogged this from kissmypapercuts
- kissmypapercuts reblogged this from jashiku
- idc-that-idc likes this
- warringheart likes this
- fl-owerbombx likes this
- daisy-heart reblogged this from jashiku
- daisy-heart likes this
- hitori-de-ii reblogged this from meganechansan and added:
- hitori-de-ii likes this
- nishinoya-yuuu likes this
- meganechansan reblogged this from jashiku
- meganechansan likes this
- extrovert-introvert likes this
- thegrimlife reblogged this from jashiku
- thegrimlife likes this
- hulayla reblogged this from jashiku
- elegant-monster reblogged this from jashiku and added:
- sruoh reblogged this from jashiku
- la-bocca-mia likes this
- hiphineaswhatudoing reblogged this from jashiku
- hiphineaswhatudoing likes this
- monsters-livinginadream likes this
- call-me-patrick-or-nothing reblogged this from w3comeoutatnight
- w3comeoutatnight reblogged this from jashiku
- glimpsesofmagic likes this
- ramonamew likes this